So far, about 6,700 foreigners and dual citizens, including 900 Egyptians, have been able to leave the Gaza Strip besieged by the Israeli army for Egypt, the press office of the government in Cairo announced on Monday.
According to the information, 237 wounded people have also been transferred to Egyptian hospitals since November 1. The Palestinian wounded were accompanied by 197 family members. The leadership in Cairo emphasized that all foreigners who wanted to do so would soon leave the Palestinian territory.
At the beginning of November, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Cairo reported that approximately seven thousand foreigners or dual citizens from sixty countries of the world may be in the Gaza Strip. The World Health Organization (WHO) announced on Monday that 28 premature babies were taken out of the es-Sifá hospital in Gaza on Sunday and brought to an Egyptian medical institution through the Rafah border crossing. According to the WHO, the babies are suffering from various serious infections, 11 are in critical condition and two have died before evacuation. The Israeli army said it had “facilitated” the evacuation of premature babies.
According to the health authority of the Islamist Palestinian organization Hamas, which controls the Gaza Strip, at least 12 Palestinians were killed and dozens were injured in an airstrike on a school of the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) in the al-Bureidz refugee camp in the central part of the zone.
Adnan Abu Hasna, the UNRWA spokesperson said, since the beginning of the conflict, more than 70 of their facilities have been attacked by Israel, despite the fact that they are under the UN flag. He added that 104 employees of the organization have lost their lives so far. Hasna also said that there are already 900,000 people in UNRWA shelters, while a total of 1.7 million people were forced to leave their homes within the zone. He added that hundreds of thousands were left without shelter.