Hamas-Israel war: France evacuated 42 people from Gaza this Monday

UPDATE ON THE SITUATION – Most are French nationals, French residents and collaborators of the French Institute, accompanied by members of their families.

considers the prospect of an offensive terrifying, while the freed two hostages during a series of raids against terrorist targets. The head of British diplomacy David Cameron, for his part, called on Israel to “think seriously” before any offensive in Rafah. Le Figaro takes stock of the situation.

Paris has evacuated 42 people from Gaza, announces the Quai d’Orsay

France announced Monday evening that it had been able to evacuate 42 people, French nationals, French residents or collaborators of the French Institute, with members of their families. “At the request of France, 42 people were able to leave the Gaza Strip today, through the Rafah crossing point”indicates a press release from the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs. “This brings to more than two hundred the number of people evacuated from Gaza at the request of France”.

This announcement comes a few days after the death of a French teacher who had collaborated for twenty years with the French Institute in Gaza, who died of illness due to lack of treatment due to “catastrophic health conditions” on site, diplomatic sources told AFP on Friday. The ministry emphasizes that the evacuation announced Monday is “the result of the actions of the French authorities, carried out at the highest level”.

The evacuees were taken care of on the Egyptian side by the French Embassy and the Consulate General of France in Cairo, in coordination with teams from the Crisis and Support Center of the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs.

Prospect of Rafah offensive ‘terrifying’, says UN

The prospect of a “true” offensive by the Israeli army in Rafah, in the extreme south of the Strip, where hundreds of thousands of Palestinians have taken refuge, is “terrifying”said the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights. “Given the carnage that has taken place so far in Gaza, we can only imagine what will happen in Rafah”was alarmed Volker Türk, in a press release.

A deal on hostages in Gaza, with “huge” benefits, remains “possible”, according to Washington

An agreement between Israel and Hamas, allowing them to be released against a pause in the fighting, remains “possible” according to the State Department, which insisted Monday on the benefits “huge” what such an agreement would have. “We believe that the benefits of a pause and a hostage agreement would be enormous, first obviously for the hostages who would be released but also for the humanitarian operation in Gaza, as well as for our ability to begin searching a real, viable and lasting solution to this conflict”declared American diplomacy spokesperson Matthew Miller.

US urges Israel to investigate death of six-year-old girl in Gaza

Washington asked Israel for an investigation “urgent” on death “heartbreaking” of Hind Rajab, a six-year-old girl found dead in the strip after calling for help for hours, a spokesperson for American diplomacy said on Monday. “We have called on the Israeli authorities to urgently investigate this incident.Matthew Miller told the media. “This is a heartbreaking, heartbreaking story for this child and of course there have been thousands of other children who have died because of this conflict”.

Washington opposed to “large-scale” Israeli offensive in Rafah

The United States remains opposed to a large-scale Israeli military operation in Rafah without action to protect civilians in this Palestinian town on the border, State Department spokesman Matthew Miller said Monday. “Without a project in this sense which is credible, and which they (Israel, Editor’s note) are able to carry out, we do not support a large-scale military operation”he told journalists.

ICC prosecutor says he is “deeply concerned” about an offensive in Rafah

The prosecutor of the International Criminal Court (ICC) expressed concern on Monday about a possible offensive by the Israeli army in Rafah, in the Gaza Strip, warning that anyone who violates international laws will be prosecuted. “I am deeply concerned by reports of the bombing and a potential ground offensive by Israeli forces in Rafah,” Mr. Khan said in a statement published on X.

Two hostages released in Rafah, around a hundred Palestinians killed according to Hamas

announced early Monday, February 12, the release of two detainees in Rafah, as part of a vast nighttime operation that left around a hundred Palestinians dead, according to those in power in this territory. Fernando Simon Marman, 60, and Louis Har, 70, were freed during a nighttime operation in Rafah carried out jointly by the army, the and the Israeli police, these services said, specifying that the and other officials had followed the progress of this operation from the control room. “Three terrorists were killed in the building where they were detained”according to an initial assessment by the Israeli army, which had previously limited itself to confirming that it had “carried out a series of raids against terrorist targets in the southern Gaza Strip”.

Israeli forces broke in “with explosives” in a building in Rafah where these hostages were held, the army said. “A shooting took place and there was shooting from nearby buildings. The Air Force carried out strikes. Many terrorists were killed as well as one of our soldiers.said army spokesperson Daniel Hagari.

The Hamas Ministry of Health reported for its part “about 100 dead” in “attack”figures impossible to confirm as they stand, including strikes against numerous buildings in Rafah, a town at the southern tip of Gaza, where 1.4 million Palestinians are crowded together, according to the UN, including the large The majority have found refuge there in recent months to try to escape the fighting and bombings in the rest of the territory.

The two hostages, having Israeli and Argentinian nationality and kidnapped from Kibbutz Nir Yitzhak, were then airlifted to Sheba Hospital, located in Ramat Gan, near Tel Aviv, where they “are in a stable condition”, assured Arnon Afek, the director of the establishment. In a post on Xthe office of the Argentine president expressed “his gratitude” to the Israeli army for the release of the hostages.

London sanctions Israeli “extremist settlers” in the West Bank

The British Foreign Office announced sanctions on Monday against four “extremist settlers” Israelis having “violently attacked” Palestinians in and called on Israel to take “firmer measures” against the settlers. These sanctions target Israeli settlers who have “violently attacked Palestinians in the occupied West Bank”, indicates the Foreign Office in a press release. Four settlers will thus have financial restrictions imposed as well as travel restrictions.

London intends to fight against this violence “which threaten the stability of the West Bank”. The United States announced similar measures on February 1. “For the past year, extremist settlers have committed acts of violence on an unprecedented scale in the West Bank”condemns the Foreign Office in its press release.

These settlers “threaten Palestinians, often at gunpoint, and force them to leave land that is rightfully theirs”said the head of British diplomacy David Cameron, quoted in this press release, referring to a “illegal and unacceptable behavior”. “Israel must take stronger action and end settler violence”he added. “Too often we see commitments made and promises made, but which are not followed through”criticized the minister.

author avatar
Barack
As an experienced journalist, expert in useful tips, I have a passion for providing valuable information and practical guides to a wide audience. My articles are characterized by thorough research and verification of reliable sources that ensure the quality and accuracy of every information I provide
Loading...
Les Villas Du Soleil: Sunny News Today